Since Help a PR Pro Out day is today I thought I would write a brief description of what makes me a great hire.
I graduated from Eastern Michigan University with a Bachelor of Science degree in 2008 in Communications Technology and have been working hard learning the field of Public Relations and communications since then.
My desire has always been to work in the communications industry. I have found social media to be my niche. I have worked for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society where I managed to form a partnership with Yelp. The time I spent there was constructive and I also had photos donated by General Motors and Wayne State University for invitations to the Leukemia Ball.
Since then I have built a community for FWIX, wrote proposals for projects which I bid on in my freelance work. I have been an avid participant and volunteer in Detroit. I have worked Module 09, Brand Camp U 09, TIE Midwest Conference and invited to Ted x Detroit and am going to be working Ignite Detroit and Future Midwest 10. I was also the Champion for Detroit in the live event for #journchat this past August.
Why should you hire me?
1. Relationships are key and I have excellent interpersonal skills.
2. Able to cultivate new ideas and fresh outlook on life.
3. I am social media savvy and realize an integrated communications strategy will help solve some of the current problems.
4. Loves hockey, Detroit Red Wings, Team USA and everything involved with it.
5. Believes in Detroit but am willing to relocate to New York, Chicago, D.C. or San Fransisco.
6. Loves research and bookmarking so I could save you money by having some research done already!
7. I am looking for more of an entry level marketing position but I believe PR and marketing go hand in hand.
8. Have worked with a start up and a non profit organization. So I am capable of working in any kind of environment.
9. Freelancing has taught me about deadlines, creating good content, selling your ideas and various other things which can transfer to a great public relations job.
10. Sports and Entertainment have been in my blood for the past years but technology is my passion. I am driven to work for a growing company which is technology or hockey based and can feed my passion for growth.
@jfavreau :Twitter ID